Saturday, November 1, 2008

Just because...

...it goes against my principles, I will probably forgo applying to BAT to do PR. As much as I really wanna try dabbling in it, especially since I heard that BAT is a good company to work in, I can't be two-faced. Here I am on one hand stealing and hiding my friends ciggies so they won't smoke so much and on the other hand, I'm considering promoting ciggies as a career. Sigh. What contradiction.

It's scary how I'm about to hit 23 soon and enter the working world, becoming a REAL adult, not merely reaching (and surpassing) age 21. I've got all these fears about my future, about how I might not be as successful as I always imagine myself to be. The US (and global) financial meltdown isn't helping either. What am I to do when my chosen career field is facing such crises? I'm thinking of continuing my studies, perhaps doing my Master's or CFA if I get a scholarship while waiting for times to get better... But I also wanna help out with my family's financial position and we all know that the economy is cyclical, now that the market is tumbling, it's bound to rebound and it might be a great opportunity for me. I am not God though, and I've learned that market timing is vital but how does one know that? I'm keeping my fingers crossed for better times ahead and more luck with my applications...

No comments: