Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Just because...

...I should know well enough, why do I keep trying to convince myself that love exists? It clearly does not. Well, at least monogamy and everlasting love do not. Temporary love/lust does, simply because lust has gotten the better of you. Why do I get into relationships knowing it won't last? Am I simply a hopeless romantic who lives for the moment or am I just in denial when the seemingly right person pops up?

I've managed to keep myself away from hurt for the past few years and was doing so good with it. How did I let myself slip out from my fortress and into the jaws of those who are able to rip me apart? Life shouldn't be about regrets. Maybe that's why I let myself go this time... But is this a pang of regret that I'm feeling right now? For getting into such a shitty position that could've been avoided? I need a hug. A BIG one.

No comments: