Friday, April 24, 2009

Just because...

...I just got back from my first date in a really long time, I'm feeling over the moon! It was a nice night. After all the drama that has been happening, I finally get some normalcy with a decent guy. To be precise, he's my neighbour here... Whom I've been complaining about because of his powerful speakers for a long time. LOL.

He was such a perfect gentlemen, holding doors, paying for the cab rides, dinner and drinks at North Gong after. Maybe a little too much of a man though, cos he pretty much made every decision tonight, besides asking me if I preferred prawns or chicken in the curry. Haha... But it's nice to have someone decisive in a way. I hate deciding on food anyway =) Although the night started pretty awkward because Jasmine Rice was fully booked and we had to take a cab back to Jasmine Rice II, the food was great and I did have a great time. He kicks ass at pool, btw ;)

Wanted to give him a hug tonight when I thanked him for dinner just minutes ago before we went to bed (next door to each other, haha) but Tadros was there so it was weird. Could feel that tension between us, especially since I told him I wanted to take things slow 2 nights ago at Glass House. Sigh... We'll be going to Sydney with Amanda and Suji tomorrow though. It's Anzac Day and I wanted to go to Ivy Bar and he was nice enough to ask me out. Wonder how that would turn out. I don't even know if I wanna fall for him. I'm leaving soon, he's Indian (our parents would flip) and I think he's from too rich a family, judging by how he has dinner (fine dining etiquettes and having his entire family spread out studying around the world, taking expensive cab rides everywhere). Being smart and good-looking definitely makes this a difficult decision. It's weird how I've changed though... I leave my door open now, run to the bathroom if I'm clad only in my towel (even worse, go to the shower fully clothed), peep into his room whenever I pass by...

Plus, everyone knows about our date tonight. It's so weird! Suji wants to find out the goss tomorrow, Amanda speaks to him in Hindi about it in front of me, Tegan texts to find out if there's any action going on, and the boys saw us come to North Gong together. They probably think I'm moving on too fast? =( Agit seems really jealous and doesn't hang out much anymore. Shit man... And Faisal seems to be running away too. Sigh... I hope I don't drive anyone away with this. I'm just gonna play it cool and take things slow under the radar... I'm really happy tonight though. Sure I'll have sweet dreams tonight... Good night everyone!

2 comments:

wubi said...

wel....hmmm..i dont think all of them are like that. some girls i know are pretty ok.

i think they tend to get sucked into the whole "popular culture" and all that.

thats why i dont really like going to parties here..ones i've been to sort of turned into a "fuck fest" after a while. malas la.

YiNwEi said...

Hm... That's how it is here too. Every Wednesday night. Oklar, maybe I was a bit too harsh on the American girls. I guess they just don't mind doing it openly, that's all... Australian girls are just more discreet, as I have recently found out ;0